Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Heineken and open mike nights.

Tonight has been such a rollercoaster. I've had a pretty shitty day and didn't really want to go out tonight but I decided I should. As wallowing at home wouldn't be good. So I met up with Faye, Sarah, Roland, Tim and Nat at an open mike night at a pub. During the evening things got bad and I was ready to bolt cos I couldn't deal with it anymore. But then I got more pints down me and things got a lot better.
Tonight I took a huge step for me and I'm still so utterly happy right now and hyper you would not believe. At the end of the evening I got up and sang, I start by singing some things with roland playing guitar and then went acapella. I wanted to find out from my friends how my voice was now a days, I valued their opinions so much firstly they are musicians and secondly I knew they would be brutally honest with me about how it was. They said they I was good and have told me I should go back with them again next week but whether or not I do that we will see..And then go to the open mike night we went to on sunday in town (but that's big and scary so maybe not!). There was also discussion tonight of me joining one of their bands or at least jamming with them which would be so cool. But I should be going out with them all tomorrow night so I will find out the truth then in the cold light of day when we are all sober of how it actually was.
It was such a release though, feeling that bad and then just singing and it all just disappeared and this over whelming feeling of happiness came. I know I messed some of the words up but hey ho I had been drinking. That wasn't going to put a dampener of my evening. And my range isn't as big as it used to be but I haven't had lessons for years and haven't practiced scales for so long that it didn't surprise me. But it was a confidence boost and they think that my old music teacher was a twat! Maybe this was the break back into music I needed only time will tell. So watch this space.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 am, July 13, 2005, Blogger megs said...

Why don't you lead music at church hun? Didn't that guy a couple of weeks ago want you to sing with them? Taking lessons means nothing!If you have the confidence and the voice which I suspect you really do have, what is stopping you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home