Thursday, July 14, 2005

Every word it hurts a bit deeper
My heart tries to close from you
But still I can’t shut you out
And do the walking I need to do

Why did I open my heart?
Why did I let you in?
Cos every little word you say
Gets right underneath my skin

And I need to feel numb, so numb

Every drink makes it easier
And I can stop thinking about you
And then go numb, so numb
Then you don’t get through

But in the cold light of day
Where the drink has all gone
You’re back right there again
And I need to be numb

I thought you knew me
I thought you understood
But I can never tell you how I feel
Be honest what it’s about

Cos you will never get it
You will never understand
Cos every word I need to say
Is being screamed at you from inside

And I need to feel numb, so numb

2 Comments:

At 8:06 pm, July 14, 2005, Blogger Dano said...

That's so good!

 
At 5:23 am, July 15, 2005, Blogger megs said...

No it isn't but it's something I needed to write!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home