Sunday, June 26, 2005

Today is the kinda day I want the rest of the summer to be like. I haven't felt this happy for so long it doesn't even seem real. Well I have spent most of the later morning and afternoon, going out for lunch and drinks with 2 of my good friends who I used to go to school with. It was so good to see them even if they are only around for today but I know they will both be back properly for the summer at the end of this week which is fantastic. It was so good to see them and catch up, it was like it always used to be.
Just as we were all leaving one of my friends gave me an envelope and told me to look at it when I got home. So I did and she is such an absolute star. Inside the envelope was a CD, she had made it for me. It had a letter with it telling me that it had certain songs on it that she hoped I would remember and yes I do. They brought back so many memories of so much that has happened. Apparently it's a CD for me to listen to when I feel bad and its meant to make me smile again. When I was listening to it I was in tears but good tears, happy tears-it's been a while since I've shed some of them.
I can't believe she made it for me and still remembers the same crazy things as I do about us in the last 8 years. One of the songs was Mmmbop by Hanson, it was in our bad cheesy pop stage, we were only 11 before you shout at me. It has Build me up buttercup by the foundations, what we always used to end up singing in the changing rooms after P.E, the teachers just ended up joining in by the end of it they could never stop us. It's got My generation by The Who which we all did in the variety show in year 11 with dave's Wunder Band, I think we all must of been on something that day! Hero by Enrique Englesias which ended up being our year song at our year 11 ball. One of the guys who had been off for a couple of months cos he was in an accident came back for the Ball and got up and sang that. It got all of us together and we were all in tears but it was good cos it was all so us at the time. And then last but not least it has crash and burn by savage garden. It was our song and I'm guessing it still is, cos we both know that the other will always be there. The rest of the CD just had other random songs which we have both loved over the years, with all the embarrassing songs which neither of will admit to anyone else that we like. She is such a sweetie and she did it, she made me smile. How did I get friends who are so nice to me?
Then when I got home I found a vase of sweet peas in my room which my mum put in there for me. They are so beautiful and smell so pretty, they have made me smile even more.
When I was listening to the CD I was singing a long to it and it felt so good, when I emerged out of my room afterwards I realised my mum was in the room next to mine. Apparently according to her it's good to hear me sing again. But she is my mum so I don't trust her judgment on that one. But it was good, I'm happy right now and I'm loving it. I hope the rest of week carries on like this. I'm crossing my fingers and toes and holding my thumbs (it's a Swedish thing) that it will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home