Saturday, June 25, 2005

The day after the night before

I haven't been in the mood to write for a couple of days but the writing mood is back again. Well the award thingy was bad but I got through it, put a smile on for everyone and escaped as quickly as possible afterwards. It was really bad we had to have our photos taken with the vice principal as we were given our award. The first time of meeting her after 3 years at that place Thank god I had made an effort before going . Faye wasn't happy cos they had changed what she had written about me. But the good things out of the evening was for once in my life I actually pleased my parents which was quite an achievement for me. I also got to meet Tim which was good, he seemed quite scared by the reading I have to do at their wedding but more about that later. And faye got to sign my certificate in pink pen, it was so funny and so faye it was cool. I actually have to admit at the end of the ceremony the vice principal was saying some stuff and it made me think that was last time at college. I wouldn't be back after 3 years it was all over. It was really strange and I don't think it has quite hit home yet. But I pulled myself together and it was all ok, no tears for me -yay!!!
Anyway a lot happened yesterday and for a while it looked like I wouldn't be going to the hen night but I decided to put on a brave face and the alcohol would be pain killers enough for me. Things didn't start off well 4 of the other girls from my A2 group who were meant to be coming dropped out on me at the last minute. So I ended up going by myself and I was scared cos I didn't know anyone else going. But that wasn't a problem for long. In the end there was 9 of us. However as the night progressed things got shitty and we all found out how 2 faced Ali is and it really upset faye which made us even more mad. However on the good side faye, Sarah (her sister), Natasha (one of faye's students from Gloucester) and me got absolutely trashed out of our heads. Just at the restaurant we ended up spending £70 on alcohol between 3 of us ( for all youCanadianss outthereethat'ss about $140) . But it was funny I literally had to hold faye's hand all thewaya back cos she couldn't even walk properly. ButIi can't talk cos I was just as bad. But a cool thing out of evening was that I found out I get on really well withSarahh andNatt so we have decided we are going on the single guy table at the wedding. Faye was also trying to convince us all that we are sexy women and can have any guy wewantt. At that point I just decided to smile and nod even though I know its not true about me but there we go it was easier to get faye off my back that way.
But on the way back afterwards it just got worse, faye had decided she was going to set me up with a guy from tim's band cos he is a musician and self harms in pretty patterns so she thinks we would get on well. I'm not holding much hope out on that oneespeciallyy as no one is quite sure if he isn't gay. But then I stupidly told faye About the guy I have a huge thing for, she was so funny about it and wanted to know all the details. One of those memories I'm not going to forget any time soon. I'm guessing you had to be there.
Well anyway whenIi eventually got home I stupidly started talking to the guy whoIi like and in my not so sober greatjudgmentt thinking, I kinda told him how I felt about him. Thinking that I was being subtle enough that he wouldn't figure it out. I was drunk it was just bad!
Anyway 5am this morning I wake up, the room still spinning, my feet are killing as Irealizee that my ankles are red raw with blisters on them -grrr evil shoes!! And then I realise what I said to him, trying to convince myself that I hadn't said it just didn't work.
Anyway I found out earlier he figured out what I was saying and I wasn't being that subtle. I don't know what will happen now. But I have learnt a few precious things, don't talk to guys who you like when you drunk, don't try and be subtle when your drunk cos it doesn't work and most of all check your feet for blisters and sort them out before you go to sleep.
But I have figured out the best cure for a hangover, watching lots of episodes of dawsons creek and having a good blub, eating cous cous and drinking coffee. It is the way forward. Well apparently my parents had quite a giggle last night about the state I was in when I got home. Trying to act sober didn't really work. If it was this bad at the hen night and that was only 6 hours long what is the wedding going to be like when we will be drinking for around 10 hours. This could be very interesting, but I'm a lot happier about going by myself now cos ofNatt andSarahh. We are all going to help faye get ready the morning of the wedding as well so it should be good. Roll on next weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home