Monday, May 30, 2005

Weird, weird day!

Today has been really strange, firstly I had a dream which has got to me to my very core. I think it was part nightmare or has just scared me to my core anyway. It has been a long time since that has last happened, the scary thing is I can explain it completely with all it's little details. Maybe I will have to do some good old dream analysis on it and figure out what was going on in my head.
Then it was the more painting, the house just has a continuous paint fume smell going on in it. My brain has seriously gone mushy after all the fumes. By the time we finish painting the house I don't think I will have a functioning brain if it carries on like this.
maybe it was the paint fumes or maybe it was just the fact that it all so raw right now but trying to write the case study for faye has been near impossible. It has taken me so, so long to do it. But I have completed a first copy of it anyway. I am guessing I will have to make changes on it but we will say what faye says tomorrow. But here it is:

Through the 3 years I have been studying psychology, I have suffered from depressed, panic/anxiety attacks, self harmed and attempted suicide. Through studying certain parts of the course especially clinical psychology has been extremely helpful. It has made it so I understand the labels I have been given. The statistics have made it so I know that I am not the only person out there with these problems. It has also given me an insight into all the different approaches to these labels.
However at times it has been extremely difficult to study psychology as the issues which I have been going through were in my face all the time. I could not hide from what was happening in my life and it made me think more and more about what was happening with me when all I wanted to do was ignore it. As a whole section of the syllabus was purely on mental health issues and it was continuously being discussed, it actually made me stop studying psychology for 6 months because it was just too difficult for me to have to deal with it all of the time. It also has caused problems for me in counselling sessions. Because after studying the humanistic approach and learning counselling skills, I could predict what the counsellor was trying to do. And at times when issues were to hard I could make it so that wasn't discussed as I knew what was happening.

I also watched part of a film today which annoyed me really badly but I don't have the energy to explain it right now, so I will try and explain tomorrow. So that was my weird day, it may not seem weird to anyone else but it has been weird to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home