Friday, June 03, 2005

The black sheep

I am so flippin' angry right now. Since my sister got back yesterday all my parents talk about whenever they see me, is what she did on her trip and how brilliant it is about her moving to Canada with them etc.
They then asked me the question of what did the post from salford uni say? So I told them it had my term dates etc in it about everything I need to sort before I get there. My dad then patted me on the head like I was a pathetic little animal. My mother then decided to tell me, well you decided not to let us go to the see the university etc. To which point I nearly lost it, I told them if they gave me a date they wanted to go up there I would ring the uni etc and sort it out. But they showed no interest in it what so ever so I didn't push it.
And today it has finally clicked, the reason why they have showed no interest in any of it. the havent wnated to see where I am going to be living for the next 3 years. They dont want to talk about the necessary finances etc. It's all becuase they think i will end up going with them. They think that if they don't talk about it I won't be interested in it anymore and follow the "wonderful" example of my sister &her hubby and go with them.
So guess who is now the black sheep of the family?!
I may not like what they are doing but at least i am supporting them. For god's sake I'm even helping do up the house for it to be put on the market at the end of this month. I haven't told them what is happening with me because I don't wnat it to stop them going, or make it harder for them to leave. I am supporting them 100% and why can't they just support my desiscion.
Just because I'm not following them why can't they be happy for me like they were happy for my brother when he left for canada? Why is this such a fight to do everything right now?!

2 Comments:

At 6:46 am, June 15, 2005, Blogger megs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:48 am, June 15, 2005, Blogger megs said...

You were a good influence on me, and gave me so much more than you think you did. I wish you didn't feel like you failed becuase in my eyes you didn't.

You made me realise so much about myself the good and the bad, you made me realise that I wasn't as mature as I thought I was. And the most importaant lesson of them all that every action I took had consequences to them. And we have to face up to those consequences.

I missed you guys like crazy when I left you all I just didn't particularly express it very well at the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home