Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I cant do it anymore and I don’t know what to do. I cant even trust my own judgement any longer. I keep making mistake after mistake and tearing everything apart. I just mess everything up and everyone who comes near me. It seems that everything I go near at the moment just turns bad. And it is hurting the people I love.
I don’t even know who I am now, I don’t know which part is me and which is the depression. I don’t know what I want from life, what I want to do with life, what I even need right now. All I know is that I’m sick of hurting everyone around me. They shouldn’t have to deal with me like this, as they all deserve so much better. I want to find me again and have the dreams I wanted to fulfil. I want to be genuinely smiling at everyone rather than wearing this convincing mask. I just want to be me again.







How can they say it is easy?
How can they not regret?
How do you trust your choices?
As you fall with every step.

Go further in the darkness
The pain and fear surrounding
Not being able to see a way out
The walls closing in around you

I just wish I could get out
From this hell that I am living
To find a way back to the light
Where the tears stop flowing.

Will someone show me the way?
Or do I just keep sinking?
Will they see past the mask?
And see that I’m actually breaking.

With the darkness all around now
The cold driven to the bone
Where my soul is still bleeding
Where do I go?

Am I still me?
Or has the dark over taken?
Does the pain run too deep?
That it can never be broken.

2 Comments:

At 10:24 pm, June 29, 2005, Blogger Spencer said...

Like a bird on the wire,
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Like a worm on a hook,
Like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee.
If I, if I have been unkind,
I hope that you can just let it go by.
If I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you.

Like a baby, stillborn,
Like a beast with his horn
I have torn everyone who reached out for me.
But I swear by this song
And by all that I have done wrong
I will make it all up to thee.
I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch,
He said to me, you must not ask for so much.
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door,
She cried to me, hey, why not ask for more?

Oh like a bird on the wire,
Like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

 
At 5:24 am, June 30, 2005, Blogger megs said...

Spence That is so beautiful! Thankyou for sharing it with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home