Wednesday, June 29, 2005

This song used to be my song. As my friedns put it, it was my anthem. I sang it for our year 9 concert, my gcse music exam and our year 11 leavers concert. Well I still think it is me, I just tried to ignore it.

I dreamed a dream from Les Miserables

There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted

But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame

And still I dream he'll come to me
That we will live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

4 Comments:

At 6:22 pm, June 29, 2005, Blogger megs said...

Thankyou suzi, you are really sweet. I appreciate you praying for me. It is a huge difference this time round not having a belief to hold on to.
I know I'm not the first person to feel like this. It's just that this time round it just won't let go and is actually worse than anytime before. Well it feels worse anyway.I'm just trying to hold out that the sun will shine soon. Cos I desperatly need its warmth right now.
I have been trying my best with the positive things and I thought it was working, but I will try again. I don't want this to beat me.

 
At 10:19 pm, June 29, 2005, Blogger Spencer said...

I've been depressed before. It was a truly suffocating experience. Perseverance isn't something that can be easily taught. But if it helps to talk about it then keep on blogging. That's what it's there for. I think Frasier Crane said it best when he said, "I'm listening..."

 
At 5:29 am, June 30, 2005, Blogger megs said...

Suzi, thankyou for the insprirational words. What I menat is last time round when things got really bad, I had a faith, I believed in God and it helped me through the nights. But times change and I don't believe the same things I used to believe, and it is harder to get through those nights now.

 
At 5:36 am, June 30, 2005, Blogger megs said...

You are right spencer, perserverance can't be easily taught, but I need to teach myself because I need to get through this.
Blogging does help cos I can just put it out there and then it's said. I have been my worst enemy in the past for bottling everything up.I'm not going to do it again and saying it on here just helps in some random way. I'm just sorry for you guys who read it and see my messed up head.
Fraser Crane had it right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home